Saturday, May 29, 2010

Movie 2010.05.29 - Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time

I'm always hesitant to watch movies adapted from video games. I mean, you know the plot; you've seen the visuals. What else can the movie offer you? With Prince of Persia the Movie, I was pleasantly surprised. For one, it looked much better than the side-scrolling platform game from Broderbund I played on the PC. Two, I haven't played the newer Prince of Persia titles from Ubisoft, so I don't know the story.

Now I know. You have Prince Dastan (Jake Gyllenhaal) falsely accused of killing his father. He escapes with the Princess of Alamut, Tamina (Gemma Arterton). Using the Dagger of Time and its special time-rewinding powers, they defeat the Hassansins employed by his evil uncle Nazim (Ben Kingsley), who secretly plots to become king. With the help of tax evader Sheik Amar and his mate Seso, they expose Nazim for who he is, and clears Princess Tamina of charges of providing the Kosh with weapons of mass destruction. And they all live happily ever after.

No comments:

Post a Comment