Thursday, May 26, 2011

Upgrading XBMC

I'm kind of old-school, so when I say XBMC, I mean XBMC for Xbox. Been a while since played around with XBMC. When v3.0.1 came out, I decided to upgrade my system.

Halfway through the ftp transfer, XBMC hanged. Next time I ran XBMC, it wouldn't boot anymore. Uh, oh. Fortunately for me, first boot is actually Evolution-X before running XBMC as an app, hence I was still able to restart the ftp process. This time, I was able to boot XBMC, but no text on all of the menus. Quick search of the forums point to an unsuccessful upgrade. XBMC was running while files were being transferred, so the skins weren't upgraded.

Solution here is to make a backup of UserData, delete the whole xbmc folder, copy over new xbmc folder, then restore UserData. Worked.

No comments:

Post a Comment