Saturday, April 16, 2005

Of Breath Tests, Mobile Power and Lawnmowers

I got my second alcohol breath test yesterday. The traffic police flagged me down and asked me to blow on a portable breathalyzer. It's 9:30 in the morning! You're not getting any alcohol reading from me. (Not that you'll get anything even at 9:30 at night.) My first breath test works differently. Instead of blowing, the officer asked me to count from 1 to 10 into a machine. Afraid that he might find out that I was not drinking 8 glasses of water per day, I counted while holding my breath. (Is that even possible?) I was let off without any incident.

Ever notice that the battery of your mobile phone becomes flat just when you need to make that very important call? Forget about hand cranks. I saw this shop selling this nifty thingie that you attached to the port where you normally attach the charger. Apparently, it's an external battery that feeds power to your phone's battery, so you can at least make a few minutes (or hours) worth of calls. Why can't they just attach solar panels on the phone covers, huh?

The grass in the backyard is running wild, so it's time to look for a lawn mower. After going through the 2-strokes, the 4-strokes, mowers with mulchers, mowers without mulchers, etc. I decided to go for the simple hand mower. No, it doesn't mow hands. It simply means the mower runs on human power and not on petrol. I figured it would be good exercise, and it isn't that hard to operate when the shopowner demonstrated it to me. Ah, but things are different out in the real world. After an afternoon of handmowing, I think it's time to seriously consider a "real" lawnmower.

No comments:

Post a Comment