Thursday, July 26, 2007

Movie 2007.07.26 - The Simpsons Movie

Went to see The Simpsons Movie on the first day (actually night) it hit the theaters. Good thing my movie buddy and I chose the last full show, or else we might not have gotten seats. I noticed that most of the audience are groups of high school kids or gangs of boisterous boys with bad haircuts. Does that say anything about me? Regardless, it's the funniest movie I've seen in years. This movie version is eighteen years in the making, and definitely worth the wait. It's non-stop LOL jokes and gags from start to finish. Too bad my friend didn't share my enthusiasm, and had to remind me to pipe down my outbursts from time to time.

What I liked about the movie is that it's short and sweet (and funny). Homer single-handedly turns Springfield into one big toxic dump. To prevent the surroundings from being contaminated, the EPA (Environment Protection Agency) seals off the town in a giant glass dome. The Simpsons family escapes into Alaska and settles down. Upon discovering a government plot to create a new "Grand Canyon" by nuking Springfield, the Simpsons decides to comes back and save the town. In the course of the movie, Homer learned to ride the motorcycle daredevil-style, Marge began to have doubts about her love for Homer, Bart skateboarded around town naked, Lisa became infatuated with Colin, and Maggie spoke her first word, which gives hope to all die-hard Simpsons fans out there. (Have to admit I learned about that last bit from a website. I knew I should've waited till the credits finished rolling.)

No comments:

Post a Comment