Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Unlimited Online Photo Storage

Strictly speaking, not really unlimited, but virtually unlimited only if you do it right.

I used to unload my pictures to Flickr. With my free account, I get 300MB worth of upload every month. However, Flickr will only show the last 200 photos in the photostream, so I had to constantly purge my albums. Then I tried Fotopic. The free account gets 250MB of storage. To maximize this, I used to resize my pictures before uploading. 
When space ran out, I simply signed up for another account. I worked for a while until I got caught.

Nowadays, I use PicasaWeb and Google+. With PicasaWeb, you get 1GB of free storage. However, photos up to 2048 x 2048 pixels don't count towards the quota. And by uploading photos in Google+, they're automatically resized to 2048 pixels anyway, so you get virtually unlimited storage.

No comments:

Post a Comment