Sunday, January 25, 2015

Google Opinion Rewards Not Rewarding

For those who haven't heard of Google Opinion Rewards before, it's an app where you answer some quick anonymous surveys, and earn Google Play credits that you can use towards apps, music, movies, games, and books in the Google Play Store. Doesn't work for devices though.

Not sure when Google Opinion Rewards actually launched in Australia, but I believe I was an early adopter. I've been getting on average about 9 surveys per month, and the payout is not too bad, considering the amount of effort in answering the surveys. Lately, I've noticed that the surveys are becoming fewer and fewer. And with the few surveys that I'm getting, the app tells me that it has some trouble submitting my response, and will save the results and try later.

If you've been getting similar messages, this is most probably due to adblockers not allowing submissions to go through to Google's servers. If your custom ROM comes with built-in adblocking, disable it temporarily. I, for one, is using AdAway. After disabling adblocking and rebooting, I had 4 surveys sent through successfully.

If you don't want the hassle of disabling and enabling adblockers and rebooting every time, simply add survey.g.doubleclick.net and clients4.google.com to your whitelist.

No comments:

Post a Comment