Saturday, December 24, 2016

2 DS in 2 Days

No, not a 2DS. What I meant was, I somehow managed to get two DS consoles in two days.

So my kid saw me playing on my Nintendo DS Lite, and he wanted one for himself. Had a quick look on eBay and Gumtree. Would you believe these things are still selling for around $50 to $100 (from DS Lites to DSi's and DSi XLs)?

Anyway, found this guy on Gumtree selling his DSi and DSi LL relatively cheap ($20 and $30, respectively). Reason why they're cheap is because they're Japanese consoles, and there's no way to switch the language to English (Yes, I checked.) They should be able to take in any region cartridge and you should be able to just play away. Between the two, I decided to get the LL. (Bigger is always better.) I probably would've also bought the other one, if only he can find it. Instead of buying game cartridges, I went to oz3ds.net and bought myself an R4i Gold 3DS flashcart. True, there are cheaper alternatives out there, but I was told this is the gold standard.

Now that I think about it, I should've bought a DS Lite (since I already have an extra R4 DS just lying around), instead of buying the DSi LL, plus the flashcart. So this time I started looking around for a DS Lite. Found one for sale on Gumtree for $5. By the time I inquired, price has gone up to $20 ("due to popular demand"). I guess a lot of potential buyers got turned off by the price increase because I managed to snag it. Heck, even comes with an M3DSReal flashcart. Not the best, but hey, it's free. For the latest firmware, go here or here.

No comments:

Post a Comment