Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Book 2004.11.17 - Bridget Jones's Diary

120 lbs (been like that a few years now - wonder why I still go to the gym), alcohol units 0 (v.g. as I get itchy all over), cigarettes 0 (not that I smoke), hours of sleep 6 (bad - ADSL and sleep don't mix).

Hurray. Finally finished reading Bridget Jones's Diary. (Before you go correcting my punctuation, that's really how it is written.) Somehow have this funny feeling that only girls and gays read this book. (Hope nobody on the train knows me.) Liked the movie (because it stars Renee), so thought of reading the book for comparison. Have to say I liked the movie more. And the ending is totally different. Bridget just rambles on and on in the book. Gives the impression that she needs to write down every single detail of her life just to prove her existence in this world. It's a wonder she still has a full-time job. Last thing I need is to read through another Singleton's depressions and delusions.

Watched Bridge Jones: The Edge of Reason last weekend. Believe me it's a coincidence, and only because I have nothing else better to do. (Not about to become a die-hard Bridget fan.) Probably should have just stayed at home and watch old South Park episodes. Or save those tickets for Team America or The Incredibles. (Hmm, I wonder what my choice of movies say about me?) Bridget (or should I say Renee) is her usual bubbly, perky self. Still totally delusional. V. bad. When she broke off with Mark Darcy, I suddenly thought of the recent US elections. People truly get what they deserve.

No comments:

Post a Comment