Friday, August 12, 2005

Movie 2005.08.12 - Casablanca

Honestly, I don't see what's so special about Casablanca. The sets are not too fake, the acting's not too bad, but the plot really borders on the improbable. In trying to make the movie light and interesting, we have characters who all talk in the same smart-alecky way, and the situational comedies dispel any sense of real danger. When Mr. and Mrs. Laszlo escaped on the plane, and Rick shot the German officer, I was still expecting something big to happen. Alas, I think that was the end of a classic movie.

A lot of famous quotes came from this film:
  • Here's looking at you, kid. I'm not really sure what it means.
  • Play it, Sam. Ingrid Bergman never actually said, "Play it again, Sam."
  • We'll always have Paris. Awww.
  • I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship.
While Casablanca runs for 102 minutes, Carrotblanca featuring the Looney Tunes characters is only 8 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment