Saturday, December 31, 2011

Movie 2011.12.31 - Karate Girl and the Vanishing Bees

I don't know how I got duped into watching Karate Girl, but let me tell you, this is one crappy movie. No offense to the leads. I mean, Rina Takeda is a true-blue karate champion. Actress, no way! Maybe I've gotten used to CGI fights and wirefu because the karate scenes in this movie is not that exciting. And the plot is so bad, it's not even funny. You have daddy teaching martial arts to his two kiddie daughters Ayaka and Sakura. Suddenly, the bad guys come to their dojo, kill the dad, take his black belt, and kidnap the younger sister Sakura. (Why not take them both?) Anyway, years later, the chief bad guy locates Ayaka and sends the brainwashed Sakura and another tween fighter to finish her off. They fail and get a beating from their gaijin mentor. (Why not get the gaijin to fight Ayaka in the first place?) In the end, the girls figured out that they're actually siblings (based on their fighting style), so they team up and finish off the bad guys.

I was so disappointed with the movie, I decided to watch a documentary about vanishing bees called Vanishing of the Bees. By then, I've lost all interest. The only think I can remember is that bees are disappearing worldwide. Without a trace.

No comments:

Post a Comment