Saturday, November 1, 2008

Movie 2008.11.01 - Burn after Reading

More like Burn after Watching. What could've induced me to watch Burn after Reading, given that there are other good movies around, I can't really recall anymore. Was it the interesting and funny movie trailer? Was it because of the collective involvement of Brad Pitt, George Clooney, and John Malkovich? Of was it because it was written and directed by the Coen Brothers? (Not that I've seen anything good from them.)

In any case, that's one and a half hours of my life wasted. Agree, there were a few LOL moments, but as with most moviegoers, I'm after an entertaining coherent whole. And that's where the movie fails. The characters are inept and unbelievable. GF said she felt "disturbed" after watching the movie. Hopefully that Japanese dinner afterwards calmed her nerves a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment