Friday, December 5, 2008

PPT to AVI

So I got my PowerPoint presentation working in EXE format. I tried to send it to my partner-in-crime at the theatre, but Gmail won't allow the attachment through for security reasons. Yahoo!Mail doesn't have such concerns though. On the other end of the tunnel, GQ can't even open the attachment via Outlook, again because it thinks there might be a virus inside. GQ also tells me that he might not even have a PC to run the EXE app. All he has is a DVD player. At this point, I had a better idea, why not convert it to AVI?

Lots of hits came up on Google for a PPT to AVI converter. I eventually chose the E.M. Free PowerPoint Video Converter from EffectMatrix Software. Not all the slide animation was captured/converted perfectly, but hey, it's freeware. With an AVI output, all GQ had to do was burn it on a DVD and play it.

No comments:

Post a Comment