Monday, December 21, 2009

WD NAS --> DLNA <-- LA32B650

The WD NAS supports UPnP and DLNA. The Samsung LA32B650 supports DLNA. I think the Xbox XBMC, connected to the Sammy, supports UPnP. Now, to get everything working together.

I let the TwonkyMedia UPnP server run for a while. I went to the XBMC menus and played around with the config. It can see the NAS directory structures, but it's not displaying the files. If I use my laptop browser, I can access the directories and the files, so it's not Twonky's problem.

Next, I tried ushare. Configuration is simple enough - just edit /opt/etc/ushare.conf to point where the media files are. Sammy can see files, but they won't play.

Next up is minidlna. The application doesn't even seem to read the config file. None of the media files are being served.

I finally settled for MediaTomb. Like TwonkyMedia, scanning the directories take time, but at least they work. OGG, MKV, and some AVI won't play, but I'm guessing this is more Sammy's fault.

Oh, and don't forget to add the following to config.xml and mappings.xml:
<map from="avi" to="video/mpeg"/>

<custom-http-headers>
<add header="transferMode.dlna.org: Streaming"/>
<add header="contentFeatures.dlna.org: DLNA.ORG_OP=01;DLNA.ORG_CI=0;DLNA.ORG_FLAGS=01700000000000000000000000000000"/>
</custom-http-headers>

No comments:

Post a Comment