Saturday, January 15, 2011

Movie 2011.01.15 - Eat, Pray, Love

The book is quite popular, and so is the movie adaptation. I fail to see what all the fuss is about though. I hope the book is good because the movie is not, specifically Julia Roberts. I've lost all interest in the acting skills of Julia Roberts. I think the only time I liked her was in Pretty Woman, My Best Friend's Wedding, and Erin Brokovich. The rom-coms started looking all the same to me. She's always got this same look regardless what role she plays. Her eyebrows are too long, her mouth is too wide. When she emotes, she has this uncanny ability to make this vein in the middle of her forehead throb to show she's agitated.

I can sort of see the appeal. Who wouldn't want to divorce your boring husband and have a break for a year? Learn Italian in a bathtub. Have a fling with a younger man. Fly to Italy and make friends with total strangers. Fly to India to meditate and attend a lavish Indian wedding. Fly to Bali and raise funds to build a house for a local healer. Then, have another fling with an older man. The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment