Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Language Change in Windows XP

After reinstalling my laptop with a fresh copy of Windows XP, I noticed that my language settings kept changing. I would start typing and in the middle of a sentence, the y key would become z, and vice versa. And my punctuation marks are all over the place. I turn on the Language Bar, and guess what? My language has changed to Bosnian. Sometimes it decides to go German. With the Language Bar activated, I can now see what language my OS has switched to and can easily switch it back to English.

To stop this problem once and for all, this is what you do. Go to then Control Panel, select Region and Language Options. Click on the Language tab, then click on Details. Under Key Settings, make sure all of the Key Sequences are set to None.

No comments:

Post a Comment