Thursday, August 23, 2012

SlimJB Issues

A few things I noticed after a day of JellyBean. Battery usage is higher than normal and getting a few softboots. Nothing too bad that would force me to go back to SlimICS though.

Discovered two faults. One, can't view CJK characters anymore. Following the advice here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=30568986&postcount=1425, I managed to restore the Asian character support. You basically download a CM10 nightly, extract the Droidsansfallback.ttf file from system/fonts and whack it into the same folder on your phone. Two, the Google search bar/widget doesn't work. For this, I had to flash the VoiceSearch/GoogleNow addon to get it working again. Mighty impressed with Voice Search. It was already working fine in ICS, but now the answers are presented in the new card format and spoken out. I also noticed that the clock doesn't display AM/PM, even when configured to do so. Not a biggie.

No comments:

Post a Comment