Friday, September 21, 2012

SGS SlimJB Reflash

After connecting the Philips SBA16000 portable speaker to my SGS, I noticed that the home button doesn't work anymore. Short press doesn't bring up the launcher, and long press doesn't bring up the recently-used apps list. Quite a pain to be pressing the back button multiple times just to access the launcher. What's more, most of my ASS and launcher settings have reset to default. Maybe the home button functionality got turned off? Really hoping it's not a hardware fault.

Rebooting didn't help, so I tried a quick flash to the latest SlimJB 2.4, as some forum posts suggested. Didn't help. Time for a full wipe, which finally fixed the issue. I blame it all on that $10 Philips speaker. Nifty little gadget though. Runs on 3xAAA batteries, class 'D' digital amplifier, compatible with any audio source with 3.5mm headphone jack.

No comments:

Post a Comment