Saturday, January 11, 2014

Aurora II CM10.1 to CM10.2

CM10.2 (Android 4.3.1) is out for the Ainol Aurora II, so it's time for a flash. Christian Troy has already released CM11 (Android 4.4.2), but might have some video playback issues, so I'm holding off from that one for now.
 
Installation procedure is pretty standard:
  1. Download TWRP recovery from here, and follow installation instructions.
  2. Copy ROM, gapps, and compatibility zip to the external microSD card.
  3. Power on tablet usingVOL- and POWER buttons.
  4. From TWRP recovery, perform a factory reset via the Wipe menu.
  5. Flash ROM, gapps, and compatibility zip.
  6. Select "Reboot system"
In my case, I used the UBIFS-based TWRP and single-user compatibility zip, as before. After the flash, the tablet wasn't able to boot up. I figured there's something wrong the partitioning because TWRP was complaining about not being able to mount /emmc and internal storage.

With nothing to lose, I loaded up the EXT4-based TWRP and multi-user compatibility zip. Made sure I did factory reset, format data, multiple wipes, etc. This time, the reflash worked like a charm.

No comments:

Post a Comment