Sunday, June 8, 2014

Vivid Sydney 2014

It was the second-to-the-last night of Vivid Sydney, so I was expecting it to be crowded, even if it's freezing cold. Wasn't expecting the CBD to be packed. I mean, there is no train or bus service to Circular Quay. Buses stop at QVB, and trains stop at Wynyard. Most of the roads leading to Circular Quay have been closed to vehicular traffic. Yet there's people everywhere.
 
First stop for me was Martin Place. A few of the restaurants were open till late. Also have a bunch of pop-up stalls selling food and drinks. Near the end of Martin Place, I turned left and made my way to Circular Quay. There were a few displays along the promenade towards Opera House, but they crowd was so thick, I didn't go for a look anymore. At the Opera House, everyone had their tablets and phones raised, taking photos and videos of the light display. After a while, year after year, these projections start to lose their novelty.
 
I would've like to cross over to the other side and look at the lights show at MCA and the Harbour Bridge, but I ran out of time. Still have to walk all the way to Town Hall to catch my bus to Pyrmont. I'm beginning to think this will be one of the last Vivids for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment