Friday, September 5, 2014

Carpark Problems

Lately I've noticed that the carpark of our local shopping centre is getting more crowded. Not only that, there's always a long queue to exit the carpark. I mean, how hard can it be? Before reaching the exit point, make sure car window is rolled down, paid parking ticket is on hand, slide it into the ticket slot, and off you go.

But no, that would be too boring. Instead, some people do the following to spice things up:
  • Look for the parking ticket once they are right at the boom gate (and have difficulty finding it).
  • Insert the parking ticket only to find that payment needs to be made.
  • I've seen people get out of their car and walk over to the pay terminal to pay in coins, instead of simply using their credit card at the exit point. Credit card surcharge must be a killer.
  • This guy in front of me was waving his parking ticket at the LCD screen of the boom gate terminal. He would press some buttons, then tap the ticket on the machine again. I presume he must've pressed the intercom button because after a few minutes, eventually the boom gate went up. I was really tempted to get out of my car, and sort help him out. I looked at the terminal screen, it says "Scan your ticket". Insert would've been a better word.
  • Then there's this guy who would insert his ticket, and the machine would spit it out. He'll insert it again, and same thing happens. I shout "Wrong slot, dude!", then he inserts it into the ticket slot instead of the credit card slot.
 Interestingly, I've only seen these things happen in my local carpark.

No comments:

Post a Comment