Monday, December 18, 2017

Mr. Robot Fight Club

So I heard some good things about Mr. Robot. Being a computer nerd, I decided to watch the series.

It starts off interesting enough. Interesting plot, quirky characters, believable hacking scenarios. Geeky cyber-security engineer saves his company's biggest client from a malicious cyber attack, and becomes entangled with a hacker group called fsociety, who wants to bring down E Corp, the world's largest conglomerate.

Thing is, the more episodes I watched, the most I felt I've seen this before.

  • Long, gloomy shots with an olive-green tint? Check.
  • The loner main character, who has bouts of depression and paranoia? Check.
  • An underground group who wants to destoy consumer debt records, so everyone gets a clean slate? Check.
  • An alter ego who occassionaly takes over and runs the show without the person's awareness?? Tyler Durden, is that you? No, it's Mr. Robot!

Needless to say, I stopped watching Mr. Robot after season one.

No comments:

Post a Comment