Saturday, October 9, 2021

TomTom Map 2021 Update

Can't believe it's been over two years since I last updated my TomTom maps. To be honest, since the last update back in 2019, I've never used my TomTom PND even once.

Most of the time, I just use Google Maps on my Android phone. Cellular connectivity used to be an issue on long drives (depending on where you're going), but not anymore. And even then, you can download Google Maps for offline use.

In any case, let's see where things stand. Seems to be GPS Underground is no more. Good thing Navitotal is still around.

Got the latest 1075 maps here: https://www.navitotal.com/topic22415.html

And the meta codes here: https://www.navitotal.com/topic22420.html

Downloaded the newest 1075 map that is compatible with my v9.530 navcore.

Basically same upgrade procedure as before:

  1. Make a backup of the TomTom drive.
  2. Remove the old Australia maps folder and copy over the new one.
  3. Copy over the street cam files (from the backup folder) or new ones if you have.
  4. Run FastActivate (with the latest meta codes) to activate the maps.

In my case, activation was successful, but device was not able to detect the new map. Had to downgrade to an older map (one that is actually shown on the compatibility chart) for it to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment