Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Nokia E75

It's been two years since I last bought my E65 from Manila, so it's time for a change. At the $500-range my options are either E66, the E71, or the E75. Yeah, I'm a sucker for the Nokia E-series business phones.

The wife's got the E66 already, so I'm not getting that. I tried out my colleage's E71, but found it too wide, though it's very thin. And the buttons on the keypad are quite small, making touch-typing difficult. So I opted for the more expensive E75. It's a candybar AND a slider (with a full QWERTY keyboard that slides out). Best of both worlds.

What's nice about the E75:
  • front and back cameras
  • GPRS, EDGE, HSDPA
  • WiFi 802.11b/g with UPnP, Bluetooth with A2DP
  • USB2.0 with USB charging
  • Stereo FM radio with RDS
  • 3.2MP digital camera with autofocus and LED flash
  • N-Gage support
  • Built-in GPS
  • 3.5mm audio jack
Only downside is that it comes with APN control feature. Without your PIN2 code, you can't do any data traffic. I tried the default 0000, and struck out on my first try. Now the phone's asking for my PUK2 code, which only the operator has. Bummer.

No comments:

Post a Comment