Friday, July 9, 2010

Recovering a Toshiba Tecra

The wife's Toshiba laptop has been running slow for quite some time now. Through the years, the Tecra has been picking up different toolbars and adware as it navigates through the intertubes. IE doesn't work anymore, and sometimes Firefox hangs. Time for a fresh install.

When I reformat my Thinkpads, I simply wipe out everything and install Windows, then download all the Lenovo drivers from the Internet. With the Toshiba Tecra, it is suggested to use the recovery disks. You did remember to create the recovery DVDs, right? If not, you can use the built-in 2.7GB recovery partition for HDD recovery. Upon bootup, hit the 0 key. The Toshiba Recovery Manager kicks in. Just follow the prompts to reinstall everything.

Yup, this is what I do during my free time.

No comments:

Post a Comment