Sunday, July 17, 2011

Sony Vaio Recovery

What recovery?! Spent the whole day fooling around with the Vaio, but no recovery options whatsover.


I go to Start --> Programs. There is no software called Vaio Recovery Wizard anywhere.
I go to Control Panel. There is no option for Performance and Maintenance.
I tried pressing F10 when the Vaio logo comes up after reboot. Nothing happens. Went straight to Windows XP.
One other option is to order the Recovery Disks from Sony Support. No way, Jose!


The only reason I'm persevering is that I know the recovery option exists. I've reinstalled this same Vaio laptop from recovery before, and I even remember creating some recovery disks, but can't find them now. Is it possible because I've already created the disks before, so the system removed them from the recovery partition? Maybe Sony only allows one set of recovery disks?


In any case, my partition manager tells me that apart from the primary WinXP partition, there's an unallocated partition of about 8MB. Too small to be the recovery partition. What the heck. I wiped everything off and installed TinyXP on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment