Thursday, April 10, 2014

Variations

Apart from changing the hinged doors to quick slide for the bedroom wardrobes ($550), I also had the following variations done:

For the kitchen bench, instead of having the cooktop and the sink across each other, I had the sink moved to the side of the window. Even though there is dishwasher provided, I forsee a lot of manual dishwashing to be done. Having a window view while doing these chores is best. The sink and the associated plumbing underneath means that the microwave slot and the potholders will have to go. To access the "dead space" between the sink and the dishwater, we've decided to install a push-open cupboard door on the other side of the bench. A bit unconventional, but functional.

I remember asking about bathroom niches during the colour selection, and my cosultant said it's not included in my package. It's a good thing I checked the fine print because they are.  So back they go. Tiled niches 300mm high x 600mm wide in the bathroom and ensuite.

Same thing goes for locksets for the internal doors. I noticed from the item number/model that they are passage leversets. I double-checked the inclusions list, and it says "internal door locks". The consultant wrote back saying I can nominate 5 doors, whose leversets will be fitted with privacy adaptors fitted. Mind you, these are not actually security/privacy leversets - just normal passage leversets to be fitted with an add-on privary adaptor.

Lastly, a 600mm wide x 600mm deep manhole positioned to garage. There was no mention of this anywhere in the plans or specs, although I'm sure this is a requirement.

No comments:

Post a Comment