Wednesday, April 30, 2014

From Sweep2Wake to Gravity Screen

If there is one feature in the HolicsROM that I can't live without, it's the Sweep2Wake. For those who don't know, you can put the HTC Velocity to sleep and wake it up by swiping across the capacitive strip. Easy as that. That only time I have to press the power button is when I want to reboot the phone. Even then, I normally use QuickBoot for that.

Albinoman887's CM11 ROM is supposed to have this feature, too, but for some reason, I can't get it to work. That's where Gravity Screen comes it. Combining the proximity sensor and the gravity sensor, the app is able to screen off the phone when you put it inside your pocket, and wake it when you take it out. Same thing when you put down the phone on the table, and lift it up again. And it's all done automatically. When the device goes to sleep on its own, you can wake it up by simply passing your hand across the proximity sensor.

Very cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment