Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Swollen Uvula

Woke up with a bad case of swollen uvula. It's that little thing that hangs off the back of your throat. My one was inflamed and a bit swollen and elongated that it's actually touching my tongue. Every time I have to talk or swallow, it gives me such pain. Too cheap and/or lazy to go to the GP, I consulted the health experts on the interwebs instead. No shortage of that.

They reckon it's a viral/bacterial infection brought about by dehydration. They could be right, as I had some sinus problems some days ago. Lots of websites with different suggestions, but these are what I'm trying out:
  • Gargle regularly with warm salt water to clean out excess mucus. Not saltwater from the sea, but ordinary tap water with added salt.
  • Drink lots of lemon ginger tea with honey.
  • A couple of lozenges (Strepsils) every few hours.
  • Cold drinks and ice cream to numb the pain. This I approve.

No comments:

Post a Comment