Monday, September 4, 2006

BoA Not a Good Singer?!?

From time to time, when I pass the library's check-out counter, my favourite librarian would take a look at my borrowed items and comment whether something is good or not. What she said today quite surprised me.

Aside from two DVDs, I also borrowed a copy of BoA's Atlantic Princess. She took a look at the cover, and said, "She's not a good singer, you know." Normally, I would've let the comment go, but I happen to quite like BoA (as a singer).

"She sings quite well!"
"Well, she's a very good dancer, but she can't sing."
"Hyori Lee is the bad-singer-good-dancer, not BoA. Her voice's pretty good."
"That's heavily edited."

There's someone else in the queue, so I didn't take it further. Thing is, I've listened to some of BoA's albums like My Name, Valenti, and Best of Soul, and there's a few gems in there. Think of her as Korea's Britney Spears, but better. Then again, the librarian's Korean, so she must know what she's talking about.

Anyway, why don't you decide for yourself? Head over to my radio.blog (http://aching.50webs.com) and let me know what you think. I'll keep the songs up a few weeks after this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment