Friday, August 6, 2010

The Making of a DVD

It's MIL's 60th birthday, and the kids thought of making a presentation. Being the techie guy and currently working from home, I was volunteered to produce it. Have no idea how to edit videos, but one gotta start somewhere. After doing a bit of research and evaluating some video converters, mergers and splitters, I decided on Windows Movie Maker. This freebie from Microsoft can take in photos, mp3s, and videos. You can insert start titles and end credits. There's transition effects for the text, video, and photos. You can even insert text into videos. Videos can be trimmed at the start and at the end. As the only supported video formats are wmv and mpg, I did all my conversion via Zamzar.

With the final wmv video, I used DVD Shrink for DVD authoring. Stalls on the PS2, but loads properly on a standard DVD player. For some reason, it always stops at 1:30, but continues fine when I fast-forward it a little bit. Hmm, might just use the wmv file during the big day.

No comments:

Post a Comment