Tuesday, February 15, 2011

iPod Hoarding

I was in the market for an iPod. My external hard disk is getting full of MP3s and OGGs, but I rarely have time to listen to them on my PC. I do have a portable MP3 player, but my iRiver x20 can only hold 4GB worth of music. I need a huge MP3 player, and that would be the iPod classic.

I did a quick search on Amazon for the 5th generation iPod Classic (a.k.a. iPod Video). Typical price for second-hand units is $130 and above. Checked the auctions on eBay next. I saw this entry for two iPods plus some extras, and the auction is finishing soon. I started putting in my bids. As the seconds count down, the higher I bid. I reckon if I won the auction at $200, it would still be a bargain. (Or so I thought.) I won the auction for $182.50 plus $10 postage. Lot includes:
  • one 40GB 4th gen iPod Classic (iPod Photo)
  • one 60GB 4th gen iPod Classic (iPod Photo)
  • one 8GB 4th gen iPod nano (with cracked screen)
  • one 512MB 2nd gen iPod shuffle
  • one Belkin TuneCase FM transmitter
  • one Belkin voice memo recorder
  • two docking units
  • one Belkin leather case
Bargain?

No comments:

Post a Comment