Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Nokia N9 and Lumia 520

Company is having a mobile phone sale. Mostly Nokia Nseries and first-generation Lumias. Some old, some new.

Sale was supposed to start at 12 noon. I showed up at 11:45am, and there's already a long queue. I knew I should've came up earlier. I was surprised they didn't go an auction instead. That way, there's no need to queue, and the company can maximize profits.


At noon, the floodgates were opened, and people rushed in. Stacks of boxes grouped according to model and price. There were so many people about, I can't find the Lumia x20 phones that I had in mind. In a split-second, almost all the phones are gone from the tables. "Two per person!" shouted the staff. I grabbed the nearest ones I can find, and ended up with a used 16GB black N9 and a brand new yellow Lumia 520. Not bad for less than $200.

I pity the fools who showed up at exactly 12 noon.

No comments:

Post a Comment