Saturday, May 17, 2014

Mobie 2014.05.17 - Chef

Feel-good movie about a chef who loses his job after having a public argument with a food critic who gave him a bad review. To get back his mojo, he goes on a road trip on a food truck with his buddy and his son. At the end of the journey, he managed to patch up with his estranged wife, and start his own Cuban restaurant, courtesy of said food critic/blogger.

Great performances all around. This movie has heart. Jon Favreau is convincing as Chef Carl Casper. Emjay Anthoney as his son Percy is a natural. I can just imagine me and Aidan having the same conversation. "Can I ...?" "No, Daddy has to work." Sofia Vergara and Robert Downey Jr. as the ex-wife and the ex-husband are just being themselves, I guess. The one thing I can't understand is how did Chef Casper and Inez break up in the first place? I mean, she's hot, she sexy, she's rich, she's hot, and she's funny. Did I mention she's hot? Everything else is negotiable.

No comments:

Post a Comment