Thursday, June 22, 2017

Something Stupid (CSE Revue Version)

Something Stupid
(from UNSW CSE Revue 2004)

You had to stand in line
Because I lost the track of time
And you just waited for me

I fumbled as we tried to dance
I spilt wine on your pants
But you're still patient with me

Then afterwards I dropped into a quiet Liquorland
And had a case or two

I screwed it up once and for all
By saying something stupid
Like "If you and your sister were both really drunk..."

Then I try to apologise
But I mention you've got fat thighs
And screw it up some more

I wish I could explain to you
Although it's true
I shouldn't point out no more

I try to everyday come up with nicer things to say
But I'd rather be honest with you
Remember our first date, I tried to guess your body weight
And I said 152

And now tonight
The vodka fill my head
My eyes turn red
And walk up to you
and I screw it up once and for all
By saying something stupid
Like "You know... For a girl her age, I always thought Penny from Inspector Gadget was pretty hot"

Later that night
I get to clear my head
And say instead
That out of five, she's two
And then I go fix it all
By saying something simple
Like I love you
I love you
I love you
I love you
I love you
Girl: I'm pregnant
Guy: Shithouse


No comments:

Post a Comment