Sunday, March 9, 2014

Baby Monitoring App

So my wife started keeping a log of when the baby was fed and how much, when he slept and for how long, nappy changes and the contents, etc. I thought, there must be an (Android) app for that. And there are. Lots.

Best one I found is eVerbum's Nursing Log a.k.a. Baby Lara's Nursing Log. You can also use it for your own baby. Across the top is a row of icons representing "actions" that you can log/track:
  • bottle feeding
  • breast feeding
  • changing diapers
  • sleeping
  • take medicine
  • bath time
  • generic action - I use this to track weight and height of the baby
  • solid food
  • breast pumping
What I liked about Nursing Log is that it covers almost all of the events that I want to track. There is also a statistics function that compares and collates stats across days. Some of the stats like milk intake and sleeping hours can even be graphed within the app. Action entries can easily be edited by long-pressing on the entry. Statistics can be exported/shared with other apps. It even has a widget to display last events.

I've also tried iMob Studio's iBaby. Quite similar in functionality with Nursing Log. Easy to use, very configurable. My only complaint is that there's no breast-pumping event. Bubtrac is also nice, but I find it not as intuitive to use as the others. Comes with event timers and charts. Editing events is not as easy as the others. Summary page shows cumulative stats for the day, week, and month.

No comments:

Post a Comment