Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Nexus 4

I've had the HTC Raider for almost two years now, and it's starting to show it's age. Battery life has decreased significantly, so I installed an extended battery, which increased the phone thickness and weight. With the custom ROM I'm using, MMS is not working, getting low call volume, mute button not working, self-restarts, etc.

So I decided to get a Nexus 4 (codename Mako). The LG E960 may be two years old, but it's got pretty decent specs - 4.7" IPS display (318 ppi), 1.5GHz quad-core Krait, 2GB RAM, and 16GB internal storage. Only downside, as with all Nexus devices, is that battery is not removable and no external storage. I heard battery life and camera quality is below average, too.

One interesting feature is that the phone actually supports LTE, but is not advertised/marketed. The forums tell my that by flashing some hybrid modem, the phone can actually make use of LTE. Found out later that it only supports AWS band 4, which is predominantly used in US/Canada. No use for me then.

Maybe I should've bought a cheapo Huawei Ascend G526 or Y550 and get 4G LTE. Then again, I want Android 5.0 Lollipop, so Nexus 4 is still the way to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment