Sunday, November 16, 2014

SlimKat on the Nexus 4

Definitely thought about flashing Lollipop on my brand new Nexus 4, but later decided against it. Given that this is my daily driver, I don't have to time to play around and get things working. Would rather stick to what I know is working properly. From what I've seen so far, for me, Lollipop doesn't bring anything significant, except for Material Design and Project Volta. By upgrading all my Google apps to the latest version and using a good custom ROM and kernel, I should be OK.

Read up on the forums and settled on SlimKat and franco kernel. No need for fancy features and eye candy. All I need is a minimal, stable ROM with good battery life. Been using Slim since my SGS days, so no second thoughts there. Hopefully, a Slim version of Lollipop will be released soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment